Thursday, June 26, 2008

Added My SNUZZLES to Our Catalog - Thoughts on Setting Prices for Collectibles


Playskool SNUZZLES Large Lion Security BlanketSNUZZLES Large Lion Blankie


I added our collection of Playskool Snuzzles to our Catalog today. Some of the harder to find ones are listed for sale on eBay for close to $100! I have tried to price them at what I consider to be a reasonable price, but Snuzzles are some of my all time favorite lovies, and I can't bare to part with them for "bargain" prices.

This brings up something that came up in an email I received the other day referring to a seller's price on eBay for a HTF (Hard to Find) toy being price gouging. Buying and Selling Collectibles is totally a Supply and Demand driven business situation. It really doesn't matter how much a toy cost originally. What matters is how much people are willing to pay for them today, right now. If the price is too high for a potential buyer - they don't buy. If the price is too high for a seller - it doesn't sell. Eventually, everything seeks its own level. That's how auction sites like eBay work to help set the current value of any item.

So, I tried to find that spot where I feel good selling my Snuzzles, and hopefully someone else will feel good buying them.



We hope you will find the lovie you are looking for in our DIRTY BUTTER Plush Animal Shoppe CATALOG. But we have many more toys in stock than we have listed, so please Contact Us if you don't see what you are looking for. If we don't have it in stock, we will search the Internet for it. If we still can't find it, we will post your request on our Plush Memories Lost Toy Search Service Facebook Page.

No comments: