Monday, February 7, 2011

Our Press Release is ONLINE!

I managed to read a lot of different online directions about how to write a Press Release and ended up with something that I thought was good enough to publish.

I filed one version of it on http://www.prlog.org/ and another version on Free Express Press Release Distribution. PRlog published our story almost instantly, but I'm waiting for approval of the version on the Free Express PR Distribution site.

I also called our local county newspaper this morning to find out how to send a copy to them, and that's been emailed as well.

I feel sure this process would not take someone who was used to doing it very long at all. But I spent the better part of 2 days taking care of this, with no guarantee it did any good to spread the word about our Plush Memories Lost Toy Search Service, which in the ministry arm of our Dirty Butter Plush Animal Shoppe.


We hope you will find the lovie you are looking for in our DIRTY BUTTER Plush Animal Shoppe CATALOG. But we have many more toys in stock than we have listed, so please Contact Us if you don't see what you are looking for. If we don't have it in stock, we will search the Internet for it. If we still can't find it, we will post your request on our Plush Memories Lost Toy Search Service Facebook Page.

8 comments:

cube said...

My daughter just donated a bunch of her beanie baby plushies for the rummage sale to help her high school crew team.

I can only sigh when I think of all the hoops we jumped through to collect them...

Rosemary said...

At least it was HER idea to donate them, and she's probably old enough to have made the right decision. We get many stories of lovies being thrown away accidentally or by someone who thought it was too ruined to keep - even parents.

cube said...

Throwing something away would only be my idea if it was completely useless. I have packrat tendencies... OK, I'm a packrat!

Rosemary said...

We don't just have tendencies - we ARE packrats!!

The ones I feel sorry for the most are older children whose parents have bagged up one to give away and one bag to keep, and somehow the precious ones get given away, too. Very heart breaking.

Anji said...

I read your press release. It was well written. Will you have a way of knowing if it gets you more visitors?

Rosemary said...

Thanks, Anji. I'm keeping some basic traffic information on Plush Memories, just to see if it helps any at all. When msnbc.com featured us in an article our readership doubled for over a year! I'm hoping the story will spark other mentions of us on the internet.

cube said...

Good luck on your release. I wish you much traffic as a result.

Rosemary said...

Hasn't happened yet, but thanks for the encouragement, Cube!