Sunday, July 10, 2011

Playing with Cube Cart Version 5

I have been learning a little bit about how MySQL data bases are set up, how to install CubeCart, and was actually able to install a test version of the newest version of CubeCart to play with. I wasn't able to figure out how to copy our running CubeCart v4 data and upgrade to v5, but I did make a clean install of v5. So I've been able to test it out to some extent, and I'm very pleased with the way it works.

So, I've told our programmer to go ahead with the upgrade to v5 for our store whenever he has the time to do it.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with what I was able to do on my own. Of course, he won't be using anything I did. I'll just delete the data base and files I created, but I learned a lot in the process.


We hope you will find the lovie you are looking for in our DIRTY BUTTER Plush Animal Shoppe CATALOG. But we have many more toys in stock than we have listed, so please Contact Us if you don't see what you are looking for. If we don't have it in stock, we will search the Internet for it. If we still can't find it, we will post your request on our Plush Memories Lost Toy Search Service Facebook Page.

2 comments:

Bronzi said...

Hello Dirty Butter my friend. How are things. I have not seen any comments from you on my blog Bronzi Home Based Business Tips for sometime now. I was wondering if everything is ok. I see you had some problems with your store site and now your back up. Good! Ok, I have to go and wishing you all the best.

Bronzi

P.S. If you click on my name you will see my new blog The Coffee Lovers Corner.

Rosemary said...

Sorry, but I'm having serious health issues right now, so I'm having to do what has to be done. Haven't felt like surfing much.

Congrats on the new blog. I'll check it out when I can.